Opportunity: Senior Director, Biology
Organization: Paraza Pharma
Location: Montreal, Quebec
About Paraza Pharma:
Paraza carries out preclinical drug discovery research with Biotech clients from across North America. We work on a diverse project portfolio covering many disease areas and all stages of drug discovery from target validation and lead identification to candidate selection. Our Biological Sciences Department has an opportunity for a highly experienced Biologist to help lead the department.
- Help to grow the business through networking as well as presentation to and scientific discussion with prospective clients
- Help to design and implement customized screening cascades and other in vitro/in vivo studies to progress clients’ drug discovery projects
- Be a motivational leader for departmental members, having a consistent focus on team members’ career development as well as project success
- Mentor biology staff in the execution, interpretation, and communication of experiments
- Be an active member of Paraza’s extended leadership team, working effectively across departments
- Ph.D. in biology (preferably pharmacology or cell biology) and at least fifteen years of work experience in drug discovery in a Biotech or Pharma setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Management experience, ideally leading a group or department
- Demonstrated commitment to the Paraza values of respect, listening, empowerment, flexibility, and transparency
- Leadership role in one or more drug discovery projects
- Practical experience in projects for multiple classes of drug targets (kinases, GPCRs, channels, protein-protein interactions, etc)
- Experience in both small molecule and biologics projects
- Experience in multiple therapeutic areas is preferred
- CRO experience is preferred (either as employee or client)
About Pender & Howe:
Paraza Pharma has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Senior Director, Biology position.
This search is led by Celine Chabee. For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to Celine Chabee at [email protected] or apply via the “apply now” feature.