Position Title: Chief Strategy Development Officer
Organization: Gandeeva Therapeutics
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
About Gandeeva Therapeutics:
Gandeeva Therapeutics is a rapidly growing biotechnology company located in Vancouver, BC, that seeks to harness the power of cryo-EM technology and machine learning to design better drugs. The company’s platform overcomes limitations in using X-ray crystallography for drug design and avoids discovery dead ends that can arise from the use of computational docking methods in the absence of experimental validation.
Gandeeva’s AI/ML-driven workflows enable high throughput structure determination combined with innovative biochemical methods to explore low-data targets, membrane proteins and protein complexes. From small molecules that induce protein proximity, to engineered antibodies, Gandeeva’s approach breaks new ground to develop precision medicines for our most challenging diseases.
Overview of Position:
Directly supporting Gandeeva’s CEO, the Chief Strategy Development Officer (CSDO) will oversee the company’s strategic development objectives. Unlike a traditional Chief Scientific Officer, this unique opportunity will enable the CSDO to help define and execute the company’s scientific and corporate development strategy, in collaboration with world-class scientists and industry leaders at Gandeeva.
- Lead the company’s drug discovery strategy and define objectives spanning diverse pre-IND and IND studies for Gandeeva’s asset portfolio.
- Identify critical corporate strategic development opportunities for evaluation by senior company management.
- Embrace and contribute to an innovative and dynamic culture.
- Develop and enhance dynamic working relationships with the growing clinical/translational team.
- Engage with a variety of external partners to ensure process integrity/efficiency and quality standards.
- Act as a spokesperson for the company to external stakeholders in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
- Actively participate in interactions with company leadership and the Board of Directors.
- A Ph.D., preferably in biology/immunology, is essential for the role.
- Broad background in biology with participation in successful discovery programs; experience in Oncology, Neuroscience, or Infectious Disease is considered a strong asset.
Experience and Skill Set:
- Demonstrated experience overseeing target selection in drug discovery and preclinical development, leading translational research and planning early-stage clinical trials.
- Deep understanding of business opportunities and knowledge of the biotech sector.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading innovative strategic planning and portfolio/asset selection processes.
- Demonstrated experience with success in moving drug candidates from discovery to IND/Clinic.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to excel in client/stakeholder-facing environments (including KOLs, investors and regulators, and other constituencies).
- Ability to take the initiative and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an experienced team.
About Pender & Howe:
Gandeeva Therapeutics has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the CSDO position. Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in collaborating with human capital leaders, governing boards, and CxOs in identifying world-class executive leaders. More information about Pender & Howe is available at www.penderhowe.com.
The CSDO search is led by Céline Chabée. For consideration, please apply via the “apply now” button or email a copy of your CV in confidence to Céline Chabée at [email protected].