Opportunity: General Manager, Canada
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Sebia is a specialized In Vitro Diagnostic player and the world’s leading provider of clinical protein electrophoresis equipment and reagents for the screening and monitoring of various diseases, primarily in the areas of Oncology (Multiple Myeloma), Diabetes, Hemoglobinopathy, and other rare pathologies.
Headquartered in the South of Paris (Lisses, France), Sebia sets high standards in making continuous advances in CE technology, scientific excellence, and manufacturing capabilities, providing the possibility to pursue diagnostic solutions with an exciting pipeline of new tests and automated equipment.
As a global company, Sebia has business operations located in Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, and Asia & is continuing its geographic footprint to better serve its customers.
Sebia’a mission is to provide powerful tools that translate what’s happening in the patients’ bodies into a readable and interpretable language. This language makes it easier to understand, diagnose and treat chronic and metabolic diseases.
Research & Innovation
For more than 50 years, Sebia has taken the daring step of putting electrophoresis at the forefront of clinical analysis. The classical legacy of this technology should not make us forget its magic. Moreover, the modern use of capillaries is highly advanced compared to previous generation cellulose acetate gels. The speed of analysis, resolution and automation capacity are incomparable. Sebia’s R&D priorities are:
- The improvement of Sebia’s range of diagnostic instruments in terms of ergonomics, automation, reliability and integration into the laboratory environment.
- The extension of Sebia’s analysis menu to new pathologies by relying on research partnerships with clients and clinicians who define new diagnostic needs.
Sebia is seeking a leader with strong people leadership skills that can create cohesion within the organization. The ideal candidate should have a collaborative and supportive presence, possess proficiency in both French and English, and have a deep understanding of the Canadian market of both English and French-speaking regions. Additionally, the candidate should have the ability to navigate the Latin culture of the subsidiary, which operates under the umbrella of a global company with headquarters in France. The candidate should also possess entrepreneurial leadership with a growth mindset.
Reporting to the VP Asia-Americas, the General Manager will lead a specialized leadership team across various functions, including Sales, Marketing, and Finance. The General Manager will define and execute the organization’s sales strategy across Canada, supporting all product lines and market offerings.
- Define and execute the company sales strategy to capture market share for all product lines as it pertains to the corporate strategy.
- Engage key stakeholders and drive sustainable strategies to enable a sales-oriented culture.
- Responsible for the full budget and P&L of the Canadian subsidiary.
- Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement and set high-performance goals in all areas, and at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all departments and stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensure the mission, vision and values are brought to life within the company.
Education, Experience and Skill Set
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Sciences, or relevant discipline.
- Member of a recognized and relevant professional association.
- 10 years of professional experience in sales roles, with proven experience in management.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) market.
- Demonstrated expertise and strong knowledge of the Quebec market.
- Strong customer focus (both internal and external).
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to drive business success by consistently executing customer needs and implementing changes to support growth and improve overall customer experience.
- Ability to identify key product improvements and effectively communicate their benefits to relevant teams.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Critical thinking with the ability to evolve in a global and complex environment.
- Experience managing a full P&L, along with Pan-Canadian responsibility.
- French/English bilingual with excellent communication skills.
Sebia has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the General Manager position. Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in collaborating with human capital leaders, governing boards and CxOs in identifying exceptional leaders. More information about Pender & Howe is available at www.penderhowe.com. As an executive search firm, Pender & Howe has a deep social responsibility to recognize and champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in every recruiting assignment. We embrace a wide range of qualities and perspectives candidates bring and encourage them to apply regardless of their backgrounds. To this end, we highly value confidentiality – both for our client and candidates. Pender & Howe ensures that all the information that is share with us is kept with strict confidence.
The General Manager search is led by Céline Chabée. For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to: