Opportunity: Head of DMPK, Associate Director
Organization: Ventus Therapeutics
Location: Montreal, QC
At Ventus, we are pioneering a unique approach to structure-based drug discovery to address biologically validated, but elusive, drug targets. Using two platforms, we expand the set of targets amenable to small-molecule medicines including targets which have never been drugged and others for which existing chemical matter leaves significant room for improvement.
We are rapidly advancing a pipeline of new medicines to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, neurological disorders, and cancer. Our most advanced programs are enabled by our structural biology and computational chemistry capabilities that unlock rational, structure-based drug discovery for nodal targets in innate immune pathways. In addition, our ReSOLVE platform reveals novel druggable sites for targets thought to be beyond the reach of small molecule medicines, allowing us to expand our pipeline into oncology and neurology.
Our team includes experienced biopharmaceutical executives and scientists who have delivered multiple approved medicines and luminary academics spanning the fields of structural biology, immunology, and computational chemistry.
In April 2021, it was announced that Ventus Therapeutics closed US $100 million Series B financing led by RA Capital Management with participation from a select syndicate including BVF Partners L.P., Casdin Capital, Cormorant Asset Management, Fonds de solidarité FTQ, and Alexandria Venture Investments. Founding investor Versant Ventures also participated in the round, as did existing investor GV (formerly Google Ventures).
A Unique Opportunity in a Fast-growing Organization
Ventus is seeking a highly motivated experienced chemist to lead our Drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) team. We are looking for a talented, collaborative and dynamic scientist to support our research efforts, and support our pipeline of preclinical programs as they move toward the clinic. This role is a unique opportunity to contribute to a well-funded start-up, using breakthrough science to drug previously challenging targets.
- Lead a team of DMPK scientists and work with cross functional teams to support all programs from early research to early clinical development
- Responsible for DMPK profiling to enable first-in-human studies
- Manage, analyze, review, summarize, interpret and report results of DMPK studies
- Lead the preparation of DMPK components of regulatory filings such as Investigational New drug applications (IND)
- Oversee and manage studies with CROs and consultants
- Either of the two following educational and industrial experience profiles will be considered:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in pharmaceutical sciences or other relevant bioscience discipline and 10+ years of industry related experience in drug research & development
- An M.Sc. or equivalent degree in pharmaceutical sciences or other relevant bioscience discipline and 15+ years of industry related experience in drug research & development
- Experience in small molecules is required
- Experience in the preparation and filing of DMPK data related to an IND filing is required
- Proven experience to work as project leader in cross-functional teams
- Proven success with development of neuroscience and/or immunology assets is preferred
- Experience with advanced PK and PKPD modeling software is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of global regulatory requirements and expectations for nonclinical assessment packages to support first in human studies
- Demonstrated, active network with research centers, CROs, consultants and key opinion leaders
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate across a variety of audiences including team members, cross-functional project teams, and board meetings
Ventus Therapeutics has engaged Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Head of DMPK position.
This search is led by Céline Chabée.
For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to Céline Chabée at [email protected]