Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Organization: Roland Berger
Reports To: Managing Director of Canada
About Roland Berger:
Roland Berger is a global strategy consulting firm with 2,400 colleagues across 32 countries. In Canada, Roland Berger has offices in Montreal and Toronto and serves clients across multiple industries, including automotive, consumer goods and retail, energy, industrials, investor support, technology, media & telecommunications, and transportation.
Pender & Howe is hiring a Human Resources Manager to lead the HR function in Canada. In this high-impact role, the HR Manager will collaborate with key business leaders and the Global HR team to align people strategy and business objectives. The HR Manager will work directly with 40+ colleagues, providing consultation and advice on human resources-related issues. This role will report directly to the Managing Director of Canada and is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and a passionate HR team.
Core areas of focus for this role include training and development, recruitment, total rewards, staffing, performance management, diversity, equity and inclusion, and employee relations.
• Manages the day-to-day activities of the Canadian HR function
• Provides leadership coaching and supports team effectiveness efforts through direct and actionable feedback
• Positions self as a credible HR leader and a change agent within the organization
• Builds solid relationships and serves as a trusted advisor to leaders, managers, and colleagues
• Oversees activities related to the employee lifecycle, such as onboarding, performance reviews, and exit administration
• Ensures the implementation of corporate policies and adapts them to the Canadian context, where needed
• Approaches talent matters with an eye toward compliance and reducing risks. Helps build and apply HR policies and proactively manages employee issues.
• Advocates for the use of HR offerings/programs with leaders and key business partners
• Solves challenges and gets to the root cause of HR and talent issues
• Identifies and advises leadership on the development needs of their teams
• Collaborates with the Americas HR and Corporate HR functions
• Manages team members focused on HR Generalist activities
• Maintains a presence in the Montreal and Toronto offices
• Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to learn about the Roland Berger business
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in human resources or a related field
• Excellent verbal and written skills in both English and French
• Ability to communicate and influence colleagues at all levels of the organization
• Comfortable and thrives in an agile, high-growth environment
• A desire to be part of an organization that lives by the values of entrepreneurship, excellence, and empathy
• This role will require travel as needed (up to 15%). Travel will include visits to the Toronto office.
About Pender & Howe:
Roland Berger has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Human Resources Manager position. Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in collaborating with human capital leaders, governing boards and CxOs in identifying exceptional leaders. More information about Pender & Howe is available at www.penderhowe.com.
The Human Resources Manager search is led by Michelle Moore (she/her). For consideration, please apply via LinkedIn or email a copy of your CV in confidence to:
Michelle Moore – [email protected]