** This opportunity is now closed**
Organization: Nissha Metallizing Solutions (NMS)
Position: Plant Manager
Location: Franklin, MA
About Nissha Metallizing Solutions
Nissha Metallizing Solutions (NMS) is the world leader in the production of coated metallized paper for flexible packaging and labels. Metallized paper is a sustainable alternative to foil or film and is used in the production of functional, barrier, cosmetic, labelling and promotional packaging products for major brands. NMS serves food, beverage, consumer packaging goods, and entertainment industries. It supplies its innovative products to customers worldwide from production sites in Belgium (Genk), Italy (Casalgrasso), Germany (Berlin), Brazil (Osasco) and the United States (Franklin, MA). Thanks to continuous investment in people, technology, quality and environmental protection, NMS consists of a group of over 650 highly committed and passionate people, guaranteeing a high level of specialist expertise.
Are you an energetic, motivated and resourceful Plant Manager? To ensure NMS’s continuous growth towards the highest levels of customer satisfaction through high-quality products, efficient operational processes and service levels, the company is looking for a driven Plant Manager with a proven track record, who is capable of leading and steering the Operations team of the plant in Franklin in a safe and efficient way. NMS is serving and focusing on metallized paper label, giftwrap, envelopes & printing business segments, and driving operational excellence initiatives to create demand for metallized paper. The ideal candidate is excellent at developing and engaging the full Operations team in order to produce and work in a safe and high-performing manner, as well as support any innovation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the full operations team in an engaged manner and steer Operational processes based on KPI metrics to follow overall production performance.
- Ability to continuously coach the Operations team: production supervisors, quality team, process engineer, EHS, maintenance and employees on the site floor.
- Lead and execute capex projects together with the maintenance team.
- Advise on the best team set-up on operations, encouraging a multidisciplinary environment, striving for flexibility of the operations team.
- Establish and maintain constructive and positive relationships with all stakeholders in the organization whilst safeguarding a good social atmosphere.
- Being a go-to person for any advice and decision-making situations.
- Actively participate in daily meetings in a motivating and clear way so that actions are followed up with care and ownership, holding employees accountable for their projects and corrective actions.
- Responsible for optimal and sustainable use of people, machines and other means while considering all production demands, capacity, quality demands & standards and budget.
- Strives for cost optimization, production efficiency, and elimination of waste. Self-starter on initiating projects to improve these categories.
- Ensure that all quality standards are known and met within the operations team and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all Environment, Health & Safety measures.
- Actively support Research & Development by identifying product improvements and developments.
- Identify and initiate improvement projects such as waste, productivity, throughput – and output etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in paper, coating, packaging or related industry preferred.
- Empathetic and trustworthy leader with the ability to foster an environment of high performance and accountability.
- Great interpersonal skills with the drive to build the team.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience with innovation and business development projects.
- Experience in implementing lean manufacturing practices.
- Strong decision-making abilities and the ability to interact in a matrix organization.
- Experience in a multicultural and professional environment.
- Lead by example, strengthening the partnership with the other Plant Managers.
Education and Experience
- BS or MS degree in engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a production management role
Nissha Metallizing Solutions Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Pender & Howe Executive Search
Nissha Metallizing Solutions has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Plant Manager (Franklin, MA) position. Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in collaborating with human capital leaders, governing boards and executives in identifying exceptional leaders. More information about Pender & Howe is available at www.penderhowe.com.
As an executive search firm, Pender & Howe has a deep social responsibility to recognize and champion Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in every recruiting assignment. We embrace a wide range of qualities and perspectives candidates bring and encourage them to apply regardless of their backgrounds.
To this end, we highly value confidentiality – both for our clients and candidates. Pender & Howe ensures that all the information that is shared with us is kept with strict confidence.
The Plant Manager search is led by Ryan Berrecloth (Partner) and Travis Hann (Partner). For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to:
Travis Hann – [email protected]