**No longer accepting applications
Organization: Perimed AB
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Perimed is a Swedish company active on the global market. In business for over 40 years, Perimed develops, manufactures and sells equipment that investigates the blood circulation in legs and feet to determine the correct treatment and avoid amputations. Our equipment is typically used in wound care departments, diabetic foot clinics, vascular surgery departments and vascular labs.
Vision: Save limbs, lives and reduce human suffering.
Mission: Accurate Peripheral Vascular Diagnosis made easy.
Passion: We work inspired toward our vision.
Accountability: We are honest and deliver on promises both internally and externally.
Focus: We solve real healthcare problems.
Worldwide there is an increasing number of diabetics and an aging population. This results in a high increase in the number of patients with complications in their peripheral blood circulation, Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD). PAD is a silent disease, 2 out of 3 have no symptoms before it becomes critical. Recurrent measurement ensures appropriate referral to specialist teams for correct treatment.
Diabetic Foot Ulcers (DFU’s) is the main complication with PAD and often leads to high-impact consequences like amputations. 10 million patients in US and EU suffer from DFU. 14-24% of diabetic foot ulcers (DFU) require amputation. DFU’s count for 1/3 of the treatment cost for diabetes which is $600 Bn/year worldwide. Every 20 seconds someone is amputated and mortality after diabetes-related amputations exceeds 70% at 5 years. Early detection and appropriate treatment of ulcers may prevent up to 85% of amputations, making early diagnosis crucial to saving limbs and lives.
Overview of Opportunity:
Reporting to the Global CEO of Perimed, the President will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the strategic direction of the USA region. The President will be responsible for Perimed’s performance, ensuring that all internal stakeholders are functioning cohesively to achieve organizational goals and objectives. Further, the President will be responsible for commercial operations, financial management, strategic planning, risk management, and stakeholder relations.
The preferred candidate is a hands-on, entrepreneurial business leader with a proven track record of building and leading high-performance teams, within the medical capital equipment industry. The ideal incumbent is a visionary, proactive, and collaborative executive with high-caliber general management qualifications and leadership skills. The preferred candidate is recognized for their ability to identify and capitalize on new market opportunities through the development of effective business strategies followed by the execution of company-wide initiatives and programs. Additionally, this individual has strong industry connections and positions the organization to develop relationships and communicate its vision and services to external stakeholders.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the operations for the USA region to advance strategy, culture, talent development, and operations with an emphasis on productivity and efficiency. Operations include business development, sales and marketing management, customer training, and after-sales support.
- Build and foster an environment of excellence by evaluating current talent and developing a high-performing team while establishing a clear direction of responsibilities and goals that maintain an ongoing focus on business development and superior client service.
- Business transformation – identify areas of opportunity within the business and implement the changes necessary in order to improve company performance.
- Evaluate company growth opportunities in the US market through market analysis, customer insights, product development, partnerships, acquisitions, digital transformation, international expansion, and talent management to support continued growth and success.
- Position and communicate the vision and products of the organization to customers, business partners, and other stakeholders by maintaining a high degree of external visibility to enhance Perimed’s credibility, reputation and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Promote the growth of collaborative relationships and foster an environment of open communication that encourages a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Provide employees authority, guidance, knowledge, and resources to achieve their full potential and maintain a culture of high performance.
- Oversee budgets and perform an ongoing evaluation of the success and opportunities of Perimed.
- Based on strategic analysis and understanding of market issues, perform cost/benefit trade-off analysis to drive a change of paradigm, repositioning Perimed in the standard of care.
- Meet with board members and other executives to assess the direction of the company and participate in the development of the company’s strategies.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with all internal stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensure the mission, vision and values are demonstrated within the company.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and set high-performance goals in all areas, and at all levels of the organization.
Education, Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a business or healthcare focus preferred; Master’s degree or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership responsibilities managing commercial teams within the medical device industry.
- Experience selling and/or managing commercial teams within the medical capital equipment industry is required.
- Financial budgeting and operational analysis – experience managing a P&L and ensuring that all financial and business performance metrics are met.
- Developed relationships with key stakeholders in the healthcare space (including clinical and research markets) in the USA.
- Agile, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, with a passion for building businesses.
- Experience working in both large structured and small medical device (or similar) organizations preferred with the ability to work effectively in both environments and possess agility in reacting to new situations.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, financial modeling, budget development, strategic planning and execution.
- Proven leader with experience in driving revenue and growth in the medical device industry.
- A hands-on, dynamic and motivational leader who can galvanize a team and drive excellence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact and influence various stakeholders both internal and external.
- Demonstrated business transformation experience – possess a thorough understanding of business processes and outcomes, as well as the ability to identify potential areas for improvement within the organization.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
About Pender & Howe:
Perimed has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the President position. Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in collaborating with human capital leaders, governing boards, and CxOs in identifying exceptional leaders.
The President search is led by Céline Chabée (she/her). For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to:
Céline Chabée (Partner) – [email protected]
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.