** This opportunity is now successfully closed**
Organization: Pender & Howe (P&H)
Role: Principal – Executive Search (Start-ups, Software/Technology)
Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm with offices in strategic locations throughout North America: Boston, New York, Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Our clients encompass cutting-edge software and technologies that disrupt industries such as: automotive, retail, consumer, healthcare and mobility/delivery.
We provide a unique offering for our clients and candidates – competence, dedication, transparency, and efficiency. With more than 30 years of combined experience in leadership advisory and executive search, we specialize in collaborating with founders, VC/PE investors, human capital leaders, governing boards and CxOs to identify and attract world class leaders. Our executive search solutions are always fully tailored to meet the specific needs our client’s business, whether they are raising capital for the first time, preparing for an IPO, amalgamating business units, or expanding beyond their domestic market. We build a strategic plan to ensure our client’s executive leadership team is at its strongest.
Overview of Opportunity:
As our organization continues to expand, we are seeking a dynamic, motivated, and well-connected professional to hold an instrumental role in growing our business. The Principal will be a trusted advisor to clients, building strong rapport which includes understanding their business, organizational culture, and leadership needs. Ideally, the candidate will have a genuine interest in partnering with start-ups and building relationships with investors.
This is an exciting time to be joining our firm, as we leverage our current success and grow our team. We provide an opportunity to work in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment with a lucrative compensation package for the successful incumbent. Our team fosters an action-oriented and forward-thinking culture, where new ideas are championed.
- Manage a candidate pipeline of executive level professionals and execute the full-cycle recruitment process which includes interviewing, assessing and guiding candidates through the interview process.
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with clients which includes understanding their business, culture, and leadership needs. Similarly, build a strong rapport with candidates, understanding their motivations, interests, accomplishments, and potential.
- With a business development mindset, generate and build a portfolio of clients while delivering exceptional service.
- Provide consultative guidance and recommendations on recruitment best practices.
- Develop and lead targeted recruitment strategies.
- Negotiate compensation packages including salary, bonus, relocation, benefits, and incentives, as well as council candidates through resignation process.
- Maintain up-to date candidate and client records using Pender & Howe’s CRM provider.
- Remain up-to date on industry trends, corporate landscape, and current affairs, and the potential implications on human capital.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred.
- 4+ years of business experience ideally with industry experience in agency recruitment or in talent at a start-up or VC firm.
- Strong knowledge of the broad technology/ software industry in addition to developed relationships with key industry stakeholders in North America.
- Relevant industry association involvement preferred.
- Proven track record developing and managing a portfolio of clients.
- Strong business acumen and ability to quickly learn about various corporate environments.
- Consultative approach with an ability to influence and build meaningful relationships.
- Pro-active self-starter with the ability to anticipate client needs.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-accountability, and initiative.
- Driven with the desire to exceed expectations; operates with a sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Strategic thinker who brings a problem-solving mindset to any challenge
- Excellent time management skills and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Naturally curious and takes an interest in corporate landscape and current affairs.
- A high level of professionalism and respect for sensitive and confidential data
- Flexible home or office work environment.
- Positive, collaborative, and tight-knit company culture.
- Flexibility given our boutique model.