Opportunity: Registered Psychologist (Education)
Organization: Sturgeon Public Schools
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
About Sturgeon Public Schools:
Sturgeon Public Schools was officially formed on January 1, 1939. It consisted mostly of one and two room schoolhouses serving local communities.
Today, the division has 17 schools with over 5,000 students. Much has changed, but our commitment to providing outstanding education with a strong community focus remains steadfast.
We are proud of our rich rural heritage. In fact, some of our schools have histories dating back as far as the 1880s!
We enjoy a close relationship with parents and the community, and our students benefit from the supportive environment. Working as one team, we create a warm and positive culture in our schools where students feel safe and a true sense of belonging.
Innovative programs keep our schools on the leading edge of education in Alberta. Students have their choice of options, from core subjects to advanced placement to vocational training and more.
As the division continues to evolve and innovate, its vision for the future holds true to its past: to provide a well-rounded education that prepares students to pursue their unique path to future success.
Sturgeon Public Schools is seeking a full time Registered Psychologist for their Learning Support Team which serves students Pre-K to grade 12.
The Registered Psychologist functions as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team to assess, consult, and provide behavioral support to children/students with diverse learning needs. This role will primarily support Pre-K students with the possibility for work across all grade levels.
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess/screen children as referred and submit reports
- Debrief parents and teachers
- Consult with staff and families
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
- Behavioural Consultation
- Support development of Individual Behaviour Support Plans
- Ability to provide professional development activities for staff
Education and Experience:
- Registration as a Psychologist in the Province of Alberta
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Use of a personal vehicle and a valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Organization and team skills & abilities
- Experience/knowledge in working with Positive Behaviour Supports, Collaborative Problem Solving, and trauma informed practice
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Establish and maintain collaborative professional relationships
- Maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders: students, parents, staff, therapists and community partners
- Develop and lead collaborative groups
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the emerging needs arising from the fluid context of Public Education and inclusive practices
- Exhibit professionalism and remain calm in challenging and high stress situations
- Proven ability to adopt a solution-focused, collaborative approach to challenges
- High degree of adaptability, empathy and creative problem solving
This search is led by Travis Hann and Glenn Lesko. For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to Travis Hann at [email protected]