Position Title: Senior Market Adviser, Industrial Technologies and Regional Partnering
Organization: Enterprise Ireland
Reporting to: Country Manager, Canada (Toronto)
Location: Montreal, Canada
About Enterprise Ireland:
- Enterprise Ireland is the Irish Government’s trade and innovation agency.
- The agency invests in the most innovative Irish companies through all stages of their growth and connect them to international customers across multiple industries.
- Their mission is to accelerate the development of world-class Irish companies to achieve leading positions in global markets.
- With 40 offices worldwide, Enterprise Ireland’s teams of market advisors consult with international businesses to understand and solve their business needs.
Overview of Opportunity:
In response to the Government of Ireland’s ‘Global Ireland 2025’ initiative –doubling the scope and impact of Ireland’s global footprint in the period to 2025, Enterprise Ireland is committed to supporting Irish companies in the Canadian marketplace with the establishment of a new office in Montreal, and the associated recruitment of a Senior Market Adviser. This role will be an essential part of the ongoing efforts of Enterprise Ireland to support Irish industry in the context of building scale, and in optimizing market diversification globally.
The purpose of this role is to work with Irish client companies to achieve significant growth of their business into Canada. This role will focus on the industrial technologies market, which spans a broad portfolio including advanced manufacturing, aerospace, and data centres solutions. In addition, this key hire will work closely with the Canadian and wider North American team to identify specific opportunities to support the scaling of existing clients, within the Quebec region. The successful candidate will be required to support the growth objectives of clients across multiple sectors through multiple routes to market with a particular emphasis on strategic sales opportunities. The successful candidate will bring considerable acumen, network connections and energy to a rewarding role working with Irish companies to establish strong positions in Quebec.
The position will also involve representing Enterprise Ireland in the business community, increasing the awareness of Ireland as a world class supply source, and acting as a trusted adviser connecting Canadian buyers to that capability.
- 5+ years recent sales, marketing, business development or related experience is essential.
- Strong understanding of Industrial Technologies in Canada and the business/commercial environment in Quebec, with a specific focus on market entry and channel partner options.
- French/Quebecois language proficiency is essential.
- Strong consulting and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to assess and challenge business plans; this will include support around business models, value propositions, marketing and sales strategies, competitor analysis and market research.
- Existing industry and Quebec-specific networks that could be leveraged by Enterprise Ireland clients seeking to export to this market will be a distinct advantage.
- Good knowledge/understanding of the different cultures and the key issues impacting business competitiveness of Irish Companies into the market.
- Ability to proactively identify new sales opportunities for Irish companies that will lead to increased employment in Ireland.
- Experience and knowledge of utilizing Customer Relationship Management digital tools, such as Salesforce is highly desirable.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and manage projects collaboratively with a broader team.
- Management of projects to increase in-market delivery capability through the identification and management of third-party collaborators.
- Ability to influence and shape the strategic direction both of Irish companies and of the sector development work undertaken by Enterprise Ireland.
- Excellent administration, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel across Canada, North America and Ireland as required.
- Ability to represent Enterprise Ireland to external stakeholders and media.
About Pender & Howe:
Enterprise Ireland has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Senior Market Adviser position.
The Senior Market Adviser search is led by Céline Chabée. For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to Céline Chabée at [email protected].