Opportunity: Team Leader, Artificial Intelligence
Organization: Optina Diagnostics
Location: Montreal, Quebec
About Optina Diagnostics:
Optina Diagnostics specializes in the development of technology for early, non-invasive detection of disease via Retinal Deep PhenotypingTM. With a primary focus on the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, Optina addresses the pressing need of millions of patients worldwide suffering from memory loss.
Recently, Optina was granted breakthrough device designation by the FDA for our first indication in Alzheimer’s Disease detection which enables a dramatic improvement in the diagnostic accuracy of dementia.
With a developing product pipeline, Optina continues to bring clarity and accessibility to early stage diagnosis, improving the life of millions.
- Lead direction and development steps of specific AI project while remaining hands on.
- Serve as a technical resource for AI project to ensure that new trends in AI solving process are explored.
- Establish DI (Design Input) for each project to confirm the development of AI projects to facilitate transfer to product.
- Support IP (patent evaluation and writing) and scientific papers.
- Monitor and report progress of AI projects with stakeholders.
- Support and analyze data to help solve image processing or AI related issues of different team members.
- Develop and implement tools for smooth CI (Continuous Integration) in a Git environment (Bitbucket).
- Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Statistics
- 7 + years in Machine / Deep Learning in the medical field
- 2 + years’ experience in managing and leading an AI/ML team
- Strong background in applied math or physics
- Experience building team datasets and analytical models
- Understand relationship between projects and have a comprehensive knowledge of global company goals
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with CD/CI tools like Git
- Experience with Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow and matlab
- Minimal experience in software development process
- Proficiency in French and English
About Pender & Howe:
Optina Diagnostics has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Team Leader, Artificial Intelligence position.
Pender & Howe is a boutique retained executive search firm specializing in collaborating with governing boards and CEOs in identifying world class executive leaders.