Opportunity: Vice President, Chemical Sciences
Organization: Paraza Pharma
Location: Montreal, Quebec
About Paraza Pharma:
Paraza Pharma Inc. is an innovative company with an aim to significantly improve the efficiency of the drug discovery process from lead identification through lead optimization to development candidates.
With an excellent team of highly creative drug discovery scientists trained in world-reputed laboratories and deep experience in drug discovery and development from pharmaceutical companies such as Merck, Pfizer, Wyeth, Boehringer-Ingelheim, AstraZeneca and Schering-Plough, we offer collaborative opportunities to provide most efficient solutions.
Headquartered in the greater Montreal area, with state-of-the-art laboratories housed in a modern building, with excellent academic institutions and a world-class international airport for easy access, we provide location, talent pool and excellent communication skills to enhance the effectiveness of our collaborations.
Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President, Chemical Sciences is responsible for the overall research and development functions for the Chemical Sciences Business Unit. Responsibilities include overseeing the creation, development, design and implementation of business unit research and development programs and building partnerships and relationships with the scientific community. The role also includes contributing to the Company’s scientific excellence, personnel development and financial goals.
- Represents the department as a primary spokesperson both internally and externally
- Delivers on goals of all client-partners in a timely manner
- Builds trust with clients directly and ensures that the department managers and project leaders also actively work to enhance and maintain a quality relationship with client-partners
- Closely collaborates with all departments with a view to enhance the company’s profitability and growth
- Contributes to the strategic growth of the company
- Supports and communicates company decisions
- Implements all company policies and procedures
- Lives and enforces company values (Respect, Listening, Empowerment, Flexibility, Transparency)
- Develops and trains employees
- Takes appropriate actions to retain and engage employees
- Fosters a work culture that is conducive to open exchanges of ideas
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry
- More than 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry
- More than 10 years of experience in a senior management role in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead small molecule drug discovery programs from initial hit through first-in-human trials
- Experience managing large teams of scientific personnel (greater than 30)
- Strong publication and patent record
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Conscientious and honest
- Business Savvy
- Strategic planner
About Pender & Howe:
Paraza Pharma has retained Pender & Howe to lead the recruitment initiative for the Vice President, Chemical Sciences position.
This search is led by Celine Chabee. For consideration, please email a copy of your CV in confidence to Celine Chabee at [email protected] or apply via the “apply now” feature.